Adopting a rescue dog can be one of the most rewarding events in your life. If you and your dog are the right match for one another in personality and energy level the experience can be pure magic. We have a thorough evaluation and followup process to ensure that our placements are great fits for both parties. Read more about adopting a rescue dog.
- Fill out the online application. The application is the first step in the adoption process and helps us to match dogs to the home best fit for them.
- Please allow up to 48 hours for your application to be reviewed. The rescue will then contact you.
- If the dog is a good fit, a video call is scheduled to tell you more about the dog, and ‘play date’ is set for you to come out and meet the dog that you are interested in, unless a dog is being transported to the Bay Area to go directly to your home.
- A home check/drop off is scheduled. Adoption paperwork is signed, adoption fee is paid and the dog is placed in your care.
- Adoption is a two week trial period, and funds are held for two weeks before deposit.
Online Adoption Application: English
Solicitud de adopción en español: Spanish
Thank you for your interest in providing a loving home for a rescued dog.
For more information on adoption, e-mail us at:
Guatemala Adoption Coordinator
Bay Area Representative/Adoptions